A few tips from missJeweLz :
1. Hydrate well. But don’t over hydrate to avoid bloating and cramping !
2. Pace yourself well. You don’t want to over exhaust yourself at the beginning – especially if this will be your first half marathon, or first time running the course. p.s. I heard Bareno will be hilly ! *slurrpp..*
3. Enjoy your run and don’t be too serious especially if you are not aiming for podium.
4. Even if you are aiming for a PB (Personal Best), don’t forget to say Hello! to your buds !
5. Do a warm up run 15mins before the race followed by light stretching especially for the legs. AVOID stretching cold muscles
6. Go to the loo early to avoid the long queue. Either wise a ‘pit stop’ in the middle of the run
7. Take it easy up the hill , maintain that heart rate [maintaining effort level is key].
8. Cruise down hill while ensuring shorter stride and that you land ‘softly’ on your mid foot . Avoid heel strike. If you see a patch of grass, run on it. Save the orcas, the whales, and yes, your knees !
I have shared some other tips for beginners doing the 10k at KL Marathon last year (which can also be benefited by runners from other categories). Click on this link to check it out !
Have a good run and see you there !! 🙂 I might run in my batik sarong.