Salam and greetings. Photos from the test ride uploaded at my Picasa album. Click on the link below :-
>>LE TUA 100 TEST RIDE, 9 JANUARY 2011<<
COURSE ELEVATION/PROFILE AVAILABLE HERE (link courtesy of Richard Tang. TQ Bro!)
- Distance: 57.7 mi
- Total vertical climb: ca. 2591 ft
- Inclination: Partly hilly – partly flat
- Surface: Paved
NOTE TO CYCLISTS JOINING THE RIDE THIS SUNDAY
- NO HELMET NO RIDE :- It does not matter how long you have been cycling, how many medals and trophies you’ve won or how ‘otai’ you are. SAFETY FIRST. Yes, ride at your own risk, but don’t be selfish. Remember your loved ones.
- NO wheel/tyre smooching :- Just a slight error while tailing CLOSELY can send cyclists behind, next and in front of you flying. Keep your distance so that you don’t have to use that ’emergency break’ whenever you come across a pothole/obstacles
- NO panicking. Spot any obstacles from a far and give warning to those behind you EARLY. More reason for you not to tailgate !! Again, avoid sudden breaks as the person behind you might not notice this and come crashing into other cyclists
- During the test ride, the one and only stop was at the 70km point.DO REST at the pit stop before proceeding the last 30km on the ‘dragon back’. Endless of rolling hills. Don’t tire out your system too fast, too early. You WOULD want to enjoy the ‘dragon back’
- Be extra careful during downhills – especially on the bends. Some bends may have potholes/loose sands on them.
- Sleep, hydrate and sodium well the day before 🙂 Sports nutrition drink, endurance gels highly recommended for the ride.
- Something to EAT in case you get hungry during the ride. Banana, roti ..a Mars bar perhaps? 😛
- ENJOY THE RIDE 🙂 See you this Sunday !
This is a cycling event cum a social 100km ride. However, like many other cycling events, participants will be challenged by their own limits! As such, this event may also provide an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits.
This social ride is arranged and organised by Le Tua Cycling Team of Bukit Jelutong Residents Association and the Bukit Jelutong Cycling Club.
All road bikes, time trial/triathlon bikes, mountain bikes, tandem bikes and recumbent bikes are welcomed.
FIXIE or SINGLE SPEED bikes are NOT ALLOWED as the bikes has no brakes!
Contact for more information:
wow u joined le Tua jugak..could u post pictures of the BJ township/ SD Pavilion start/ finish line..coz SDP is d venue/ cash sponsor of the event ..boley x?
Salam. Dear Zulkiflee, you can view the pics which i took (while cycling at the test ride ) in my picasa album. You can find the link in this very post that you’re commenting on. You can try asking the event’s official photographer if he has the photos that you requested. I don’t think I’ll have the same opportunity (to take as much photos) this Sunday during the actual ride compared to the test ride. For your info, nearly 600++ cyclists will be taking part in the event. Would be more meaningful if you can come to watch and support the event this Sunday !
Regards, Juliana Ali.
Now it is established in the sciences that no knowledge is acquired save through the study of its causes and beginnings, if it has had causes and beginnings; nor completed except by knowledge of its accidents and accompanying essentials. -Ibn Sina-
miss J, good luck on the real LeTua ride. Kalo ada beskal best join ni 🙂
Thanks !! 🙂 join la bila ada basikal nnt. build your mileage and endurance gradually. better. and also a mean to avoid unwanted injury! sports for all !
it’s missJeweLz 🙂
Yap, no helmet no ride… 🙂
Yup, should remind care-less cyclists that !!! and ourselves too !
Beb, my staff knows you… Nor liza Tumeran, x-UIA.
Small world ! Say Hello! to her for me ! 🙂