The MUDS series is back. It will be hosted by 3 universities :-
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
Distances for the run-bike-run :-
- 1st leg | 19 July 2009 Sunday | 3km RUN – 13km BIKE – 3km RUN
- 2nd leg | 25 July 2009 Saturday | 3km RUN – 14km BIKE – 3km RUN
- 3rd leg | 1 August 2009 Saturday | 3.5km RUN – 14km BIKE – 3km RUN
The big deal about MUDS (in case you’re wondering)
- you can be of any size and age
- you don’t have to have a bicycle as you can do relay; you run, another friend bike, and another friend run !
- If you have a bicycle but don’t want to run, also no problem. Get another friend or two, set up a relay team !
- Duathlon is a friendly sports. A straight forward multisports which doesn’t require much skills like other conventional sports e.g. netball, hockey, volley ball.
- yes, you can have fun meeting new friends from other universities
- time to test your power ! tired of MASUM ? MASUM not having cycling or distance running ?
- an excuse for you to become fitter, lose some extra kilos, lose the love handles !?! hahah..
Some points you might miss from my Big Deal list above (in case you still don’t get it)
- MUDS = sprint distance only.
- POWERMAN = full distance 10km RUN – 60km BIKE – 10km RUN
- so, berjinak-jinak dulu, get yourself ‘tamed’ with the sports through the sprint distance first before you pursue withthe full distance.
- Allow me to tell you , it is fun.
Some pics (in case you think its hard to understand what I’m trying to tell you..)
Nurina is a great friend and role model to many. Her kids have picked up both duathlon and triathlon, while her husband Major Kalam is a 2-time Ironman finisher ! Adik-adik jangan segan-segan ajak your parents/abang/kakak/adik /sepupu/sepapat to come and join MUDS okay ?! 😛
So in case both mother and cute son above, boleh buat, sure you can ! Er… next pictures are not only to convince you that duathlon is do-able , fun and has its own kind of attraction !
Pictures from MUDS 2008
That’s me alrite ! I got first place for the 3rd MUDS leg last year in UPNM. This place you see at the back ground is called the transition. That is where you check in and park your bike. So after the run, get your bike here, and after finished kayuh, park your bike here again, and proceed to the second run ! Run Julie run !
Foto from the 2nd MUDS leg held at Universiti Malaysa. Here you see me just getting out of transition for the bike (bicycle).